PATIENT RIGHTS AT FITWISE PHYSIOTHERAPY:
1. Every patient has rights regarding their treatment and service provided. At Fitwise Physiotherapy we value your rights and for the best service it is important that you are aware that.
2. You are free to choose your physiotherapist – this means that you can request a specific physiotherapist if you choose to do so. Please be aware however, that not all physiotherapists are available at all times/days and may depend on availability if the matter is urgent.
3. You are free to change which physiotherapist you see – you do not have to feel obliged to stay with the same physiotherapist if you do not wish to.
4. You are free to seek a second opinion – you are able to request to seek a second opinion, either by another physiotherapist at Fitwise or elsewhere. We are very happy to be in contact with them if desired.
5. You are free to provide written or verbal feedback – we are happy to hear comments on how we can improve our service to you and make Fitwise Physiotherapy better.
6. You may refuse treatment at any time – you do not have to undergo the treatment the physiotherapist recommends. You may ask about alternative treatment options also and can request information on this as well.
7. We will provide a copy of your records upon request – please speak to the Practice Manager about obtaining a copy of your records.
9. We will gain your informed consent on treatment/s and cost – we will ask you if you agree to the treatment and/or management plan and any associated costs.
10. We will uphold your rights. You will receive the highest quality of care and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, age, sexual preference, and ethnicity or cultural/religious beliefs.
11. If you have any further questions or would like to speak to someone about any of these rights, please feel free to contact one of our Directors on 9486 0512.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US:
At Fitwise Physiotherapy we want you to have an exceptional experience culminating in results that optimize your physical health. As part of your initial consultation you and your physiotherapist will determine the goals to be achieved and the treatment pathway that will get you there.
To achieve these goals, we need a commitment from you to follow our recommendations and avoid situations that may aggravate your condition or hamper your recovery.
Clients who are late for appointments may receive a shorter consultation time so as to not inconvenience other clients.
We ask that you read our policies so you understand our billing, cancellation, and missed appointment processes that we adhere to as well as your rights at Fitwise Physiotherapy.
CANCELLATION/MISSED APPOINTMENT POLICY:
Fitwise Physiotherapy is committed to providing all our clients with exceptional care. When a client cancels at short notice, or does not attend a confirmed appointment, they prevent another patient being seen.
From Monday the 18th of April 2016, if 24 hours notice is not given to cancel an appointment or class, fees will be incurred. The full fee will be charged for classes and a 50% cancellation fee will apply to consultations.
A missed appointment will be treated in the same way as a late cancellation.
ACCOUNTS, BILLING and HEALTH INSURANCE REBATES
All classes and consultation appointments at Fitwise Physiotherapy have an associated fee.
Our fee schedule is displayed in the waiting room. Alternatively, if you have any further queries, please speak to our reception staff who can advise the current fees associated with different services. You can also view our fee schedule here.
Full payment is expected at the time of consultation/class.
We accept cash, cheques, EFTPOS and credit card payments. Physiotherapy consultations are eligible for rebate through your private health cover extras. We can process your private health insurance rebate through HICAPS at the time of payment for most appointments.
If utilizing our ‘5’ or ‘10’ class pack special, the fee must be paid at the first class. These packs are non-refundable but may be transferred to a different class where available.
Private health rebates can only be claimed after the service has been received. Therefore your ‘5’ or ‘10’ pack rebate can only be claimed through your health fund at the completion of the classes.
COMMUNICATION AT FITWISE:
At Fitwise we use SMS to communicate appointment reminders to you. We also utilize email to send important practice information to you. From time to time we will send special offers and our newsletter to your email to keep you up with the latest Fitwise news. If you do not wish to receive newsletters and special offers to your email address, please advise our reception staff.
With your permission, our physiotherapists will communicate with your GP/specialist to ensure the best, comprehensive care.
1. Although every effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, Fitwise Physiotherapy makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy of content on this website or on its social networks. Fitwise Physiotherapy assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information contained in the website or its social networks or the operation of the website or its social networks.
2. By using the Fitwise Physiotherapy website or its social networks, you assume all risks associated with the use of this site including any risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by a virus, software, or any other files which might be transmitted or activated via the Fitwise Physiotherapy website or its social networks. Fitwise Physiotherapy expressly disclaims any liability for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues, or lost profits, resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained in the website or its social networks.
3. This website contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
4. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not warrant or represent that the medical information on this website:
(a) will be constantly available, or available at all; or
(b) is complete, true, accurate, up to date or non-misleading.
5. The information provided on this Site is provided for information purposes only. You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
6. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
7. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.
8. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website. If you have any concerns about your health, consult your general practitioner. Information provided on this Site does not imply endorsement of third-party services or products and cannot provide you with health and medical advice.
9. Nothing in this medical disclaimer will:
(a) limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
10. If you have any concerns about your health, consult your general practitioner. Information provided on this site does not imply endorsement of third-party services or products.
*YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US!
Fitwise Physiotherapy takes great care to ensure that our health information records are accurate and are treated with full regard to the privacy of our patients. We are happy to discuss our procedures with you, and to amend any inaccuracies in your records.
- We only collect information from our patients that is necessary for good health care. We aim to ensure that any information that we hold is accurate, complete and up to date.
- The health information we hold helps us provide you with the best possible health care, and is normally disclosed only to others involved in your treatment (eg. your doctor, specialist). If we need to disclose information about you to people other than those associated with your treatment, we will seek your permission first.
- Occasionally we may be involved in research on health issues. If any data from this practice is used in research, it will not include information which identifies patients, unless special circumstances apply.
- Health information from this practice is sometimes used for Quality Assurance or Clinical Audit activities, which helps improve the treatment and service we provide. Data used for these purposes is normally de-identified to protect the privacy of our patients.
- This practice has systems in place to protect the security of our health records. Nobody other than our staff has access to these records. Health records are kept in a secure location and no unauthorised person has access to them.
- Records of patients who no longer attend this practice are destroyed or permanently de-identified when no longer needed.
- In line with normal business procedures, this practice maintains contact lists and mailing lists of people (other than patients) with whom we do business or wish to contact from time to time. No unauthorised mail will be sent to you from this practice.
- This practice is bound by the Privacy Amendment (Privacy Sector) Act 2000, and operates in accordance with the Code of Conduct of the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Your privacy is very important to us and we will respect and protect all privacy matters at all times. This document explains the types of information we collect from our clients, and how we use that information. It also provides details about your privacy rights and our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic). The privacy laws regulate how personal information is handled throughout its life cycle, from collection to use and disclosure, storage, accessibility and disposal. It applies to any personal information or health information that a person provides to us at Fitwise Physiotherapy.
2. Collection of your information
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably determined. Information gathering is vital with reference to the quality of services we provide. This includes information taken by a Physiotherapist during the consultation time - the Physiotherapist will need to ask questions in relation to your assessment, diagnosis and the planning of treatment. It also includes information taken over the phone by our reception staff regarding bookings and credit card details or enquiries received online through email.
3. Use & disclosure of your personal information
Collecting personal information which can be of a sensitive and very private nature is essential for us to be able to conduct our business of providing professional Physiotherapy services.
We will use the information only for the purposes of providing our professional services to you and only for another reasonable purpose if it is directly related to the provision of our services.
By collecting your information we can:
Assess and diagnose your health problem, then plan and implement the most appropriate treatment for your health needs. We need to ask questions and to access your health information for this, which is vital for our physiotherapists to ensure we provide the right treatment for the right diagnosis.
4. Consent & confidentiality
We will guarantee to treat your confidential information responsibly and ethically at all times. You are not obliged to provide any details to us, however, failure to do so may result in us being unable to provide the services to you due to lack of information.
5. How you can gain access to your personal, health & sensitive information?
You can request access to your health information. If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or out of date, you may request that we correct that information.
Your request is however subject to several exceptions allowable by law. If we deny you access to your information we will provide reasons to you. At all times we need to retain a copy of your health record.
Statute of limitations:
To request access to your details or any personal and private information, you may write to us, telephone us, or call into the practice and request:
(2) a form requesting access to, or correction of, your information.
6. How you can contact us?
7. What you can do if you are not satisfied with our response?
If you are not satisfied with our response to any of your requests or complaints you can refer your complaint to the Federal Privacy Commission.
- Telephone : 1300 363 992
- Address : Director of Complaints
Office of the Federal Privacy Commission
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042