We are excited to launch our Gestational Diabetes Mellitus program ([email protected]) at Fitwise Physiotherapy.
Our experienced team Include:
- Dietitian – Helena McDonald – specialising in women’s health – fertility, pre-conception, pregnancy, gestational diabetes, pre-existing diabetes, and nutrition for lactation
- Exercise Physiologist – Holly Eckert – specialising in women’s health, pregnancy and post-natal exercise and diabetes management
- Physiotherapy team – Our experienced physiotherapy team providing musculoskeletal and pelvic floor management during pregnancy and postnatal period
The program includes:
- An Initial consultation with Helena our dietitian. An assessment of your client’s needs, a food management plan and ongoing monitoring with Helena
- An Initial consultation and exercise management plan and monitoring with our Exercise Physiologist Holly to help your client get the right exercise for maximum benefit
- A Physiotherapy consultation to cover good pelvic floor health throughout your client’s pregnancy and while exercising
- Further referral to physiotherapy and/or podiatry team members as required for any musculoskeletal issues impacting your client’s capacity to exercise
All practitioners are in one location in our new rooms in East Melbourne – level 5, 126 Wellington Parade overlooking the MCG. Video telehealth consultations where applicable are also available with these practitioners.
All services can be claimed via PHI with certain ‘Extras’ cover. GP care plans allow for Medicare claiming for up to 5 consultations as distributed by GP.
We enjoy working as an integrated team with you to achieve the best care for your patients, keeping them healthy, fit and active.
To learn more about our program, please call our friendly team on 9822 4999 or email [email protected]