Do you suffer with hip or knee pain? Are you fed up with achy joints? Do you want to take control of your pain and live your best life?
If this sounds familiar then the GLA:D® program may be perfect for you!
What is GLA:D®?
GLA:D® or Good Life with Arthritis: Denmark is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
GLA:D® has been shown to reduce the progression of OA symptoms by 32%, reduce reliance on painkillers and lead to less time off work.
People who complete the GLA:D® program report a reduction in pain by 36%!!!
What is Osteo Arthritis (OA)?
OA is an extremely common condition effecting 1 in 11 Australians.
Current national and international clinical guidelines recommend PATIENT EDUCATION, EXERCISE and WEIGHT LOSS as first line treatment for osteoarthritis.
Despite these guidelines treatment usually focuses on surgery. The GLA:D® program offers a safe alternative that may avoid the need for surgery.
What exactly does GLA:D® at Fitwise involve?
- A first appointment explaining the program and collecting data on your current functional ability.
- Two education sessions which teach you about OA, how the GLA:D® exercises improve joint stability, and how to retain this improved joint stability outside of the program.
- Group exercise sessions twice a week for six weeks to improve muscle control of the joint which leads to reduction in symptoms and improved quality of life.
Who is the GLA:D® program for?
GLA:D® is a program for anyone suffering from hip and/or knee pain associated with Osteoarthritis regardless of severity.
How do I know if I have OA?
You DO NOT need an XRAY to confirm you have arthritis. A diagnosis of osteoarthritis can be made if you have the following symptoms:
- Pain with weight bearing activities.
- Stiffness in your hips or knees in the morning.
- Restricted movement.
- Bony enlargement.
- Crunching or clicking in your hips or knees.
If you have noticed any of the above, then this program may be for you!
Please call our friendly reception team on 9486 0512 (East Melbourne) or 9822 4999 (Armadale) for further details and to get booked in for your initial assessment. Or click here to book in online.
If you would like further information about the GLA:D® program please visit the website: https://gladaustralia.com.au/