Exercise Classes @ Fitwise
Exercise is vital for optimum health and well-being. It’s particularly important as you move through life’s crucial stages – pregnancy, motherhood and senior years.
Classes at Fitwise Physiotherapy aim to help you achieve your health, well-being and fitness goals, regardless of what life stage you are in. There are various options to choose from to suit you and your needs.
Benefits of exercise include:
Strengthwise is a group fitness class designed to meet the specific needs of older women. Strengthwise classes focus on resistance training to help improve muscle and bone strength, as well as increase balance, mobility and flexibility. All equipment used in the classes is provided.
The classes are conducted by Women’s Health Physiotherapists with expertise in exercise for older women so you can be sure that the exercises will be modified, if need be, to suit your individual needs and fitness level.
Some of the conditions that are targeted in the classes include:
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Pelvic floor and continence management
- Falls prevention and balance
- Muscle and joint strength
If you would like assistance in managing any of these conditions and joining this class, contact reception to make an appointment for your introductory consultation.
See Also “Health & Wellbeing for 50+ Year Olds”
Are you looking for a class that:
- Is all about pregnant and postnatal mums?
- Is designed to keep your fitness up and address your core?
- Is in a safe environment – taken by pregnancy/postnatal physios?
- Is fun, time efficient- focused on your needs at this special time?
- You can bring your baby to?
- Has benefits such as: improved energy levels, reduced aches and pains, social support?
- Is done in 40 minutes?
P40 is the class you are looking for!
40 minutes of circuit exercises using spin bikes, weights, reformers, fitballs, rollers & bands for great interval training.
A stretch and flow class suitable for all fitness levels, focusing on abdominal and pelvic floor strengthening with a breakdown of common poses and alignment. Classes are designed and instructed by physiotherapists.
Clinical Physio Class is a fantastic way to maximise your general wellbeing. Everyone, regardless of age or ability can benefit from Clinical Physio Class, improving their core strength. Clinical Physio Class also complements every exercise program, whether you are an elite marathon runner, a recreational walker, or are tentatively commencing exercise!
This education and exercise program reflects the latest evidence in osteoarthritis (OA) research.
GLA:DTM Australia training consists of:
- An initial consult explaining the program and collecting data on your current functional ability
- Two education sessions which teach you about OA, how the GLA:D™ Australia exercises improve joint stability and how to retain this improved joint stability outside of the program
- Group neuromuscular training sessions twice a week for six weeks to improve muscle control of the joint which leads to reduction in symptoms and improved quality of life
Know Our Class Timetables
Whether you want to increase balance, mobility or flexibility – our timetables are designed with all of these things in mind. Check out our timetables by clicking the buttons below.